- Go to hotmail.com website and login with Hotmail email account.
- Click on your profile picture on the top right corner, and select ‘view account.’ You will reach Microsoft Account Setting page.
- You will have two options to change the password of your Hotmail account.Select ‘More actions’ option just below your email address. Choose Change Hotmail password from the drop-down menu.Click ‘Security’ on the menu section. When you click it, you will access the security page where you can see change password option. Click it.
- Now, you need to verify your identity. For this, you need to either enter your alternative email address or provide your mobile number registered with your Hotmail email account.
- Once you verify the ownership, you will be forwarded to password change page where you need to enter your current password. Then create the new password you want to use for your Hotmail account. Reenter your new password to make sure you typed new password correctly. You can choose to check ‘Make me change my password every 72 days if you want. Now, click ‘Save.’
If you are using Microsoft 2FA, you can use code from Microsoft Authenticator app instead of the current password.
Don’t remember the current password? Reset Hotmail password with the help of recovery email or phone.